We are seeking full time Engineers & Architects to join our team of dedicated Inspectors. You will enjoy the opportunity to work with experienced Project Managers and Engineers to ensure the construction of a quality building which is safe and follows all New York City building codes. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages with ample opportunities for growth.
- Performs on-site inspections for projects under construction in accordance with NYC Building Code and other pertinent rules & regulations
- Special Inspections categories may include but are not limited to:
- Cast-in-Place Concrete, Precast Concrete, Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM), Masonry, Structural Steel Erection, Structural Steel Welding, Fire Stopping, Soil Compaction, Post-Installed Anchors and Masonry construction.
- Perform on-site sampling & testing.
- Prepare daily project reports which include detailed descriptions of the inspection(s) performed.
- Review project specifications and drawings in relation to required inspection(s) to ensure conformance with Building Code.
- Coordinate with Project Management regarding the requirements of a given project while adhering to current standards.
Skills & Qualifications :
- OSHA 10 certification
- ACI I and/or ACI II certification in concrete/rebar, acquired in the City of New York.
- Basic knowledge of drawing specifications, construction techniques and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred
- 0 — 5 years of experience and/or training
- Ability to work 40+ hours
- Availability on Saturdays as needed
**Entry level candidates are welcome to apply**